Frequently Asked Questions
Click question to open.
1) Why isn’t there a cabin #1?
The story passed down indicates the resort was owned by 2 couples who had a disagreement. When the partnership was dissolved, cabin #1 was no longer a part of the resort. At one point we did have an opportunity to purchase what was cabin #1 but we decided to spend our money on making improvements to the other 7 cabins. In the future the Office/Game Room may become a rental unit and be designated as cabin #1.
2) Do you offer a discount for groups booking more than one cabin?
3) When does bass fishing open?
4) Why do you charge for infants and small children?
We include all occupants in figuring the bill for your cabin. While infants and children may not require the amount of sleeping space needed for an adult, they triple the amount of garbage to be hauled out and double the amount of water used.
5) May I rent just a fishing boat? I’ll bring my own motor.
Yes, but the cost is the same. We prefer that you use our equipment.
6) Is there an additional charge if we entertain friends or relatives while staying at your resort?
Everyone must report to the office and sign in. During the day we allow each cabin up to 2 visitors at any one time without an additional charge. We do charge for the use of resort equipment. All additional visitors are expected to pay a $10 fee per day. Overnight guests add to your lodging bill. The extra person charge is $25 per night per person. We reserve the right to limit the number of guests at any one time. Please inquire ahead of time.
7) Do you rent the pontoon to individuals other than resort guests?
Yes, but arrangements must be made in advance. You must sign an agreement to abide by resort rules for operation of the pontoon and pay in advance. Requests by resort guests are given preferential treatment. Note, do not call on Saturday, we are busy cleaning.
8) Do you charge for dock space? Also, I need an electrical hook up to recharge my boat.
Dock space must be reserved in advance. Each cabin is permitted 1 dock space free of charge. At the present time, we do not have an electrical hook-up on any of the docks. However, we can make provisions to get your boat charged.
9) I have a good sized boat. Is it possible to get under the bridge and out into the main part of the lake?
Pontoons and larger boats usually travel around the island and through the channel out into the main part of the lake. The distance is about the same. The channel is not difficult to navigate.
10) Do you offer Wi-Fi in your cabins?
No! Before every season we look into the option of providing this service. We do have Wi-Fi at the house and there are any number of places in Nevis that offer free Wi-Fi service.
11) Are there TV’s in the cabins? Can we bring a small TV from home?
We have removed all the TV’s on the resort, reception is poor. Some people bring TV’s so they can watch movies or play video games
12) Where can I rent a boat and equipment for water skiing?
13) Where can I buy a fishing license? Do you sell bait and tackle?
14) Why don’t you accept credit cards?
15) Are there ATV (4 wheelers) trails nearby?
16) How far from the lake is my cabin?
17) Are there a lot of steps down to the docks?
18) Explain what is meant by “housekeeping cabin”!
19) Do you still require a damage/cleaning deposit?
20) Do you provide towels or do I need to bring my own?
21) What does the office/game room have to offer us?
22) Do you allow campfires? Do we need to purchase firewood?
23) We have a pop-up camper. Is it permissible for the kids to sleep in the camper in the parking lot?
May we set up a tent or canopy alongside our cabin?
24) You do not allow pets. Is there a good boarding kennel nearby?
25) We like to eat out. Are there any good restaurants nearby?
26) Do you have air conditioning in your cabins?
27) Where can I launch my boat?